Thursday 17 July 2014

Not 1 not 2 not 3 BUT 4 Projects from Gabrielle Pollacco (WITH TUTORIALS)

Hello Dusty Attic Fans!  Gabrielle here with you today to share a bunch of projects I've made over the past few weeks using some NEW and some old favourite chipboard pieces!  I absolutely LOVE the new scripted chipboard titles Word Pack #4.  I just adore a pretty scripted title!  I also used the Cyclone Wire as an accent piece around the photo and the top of the page.

 


I used some shimmery paint (Shimmerz Key Lime) fading in and out of the title piece. I gave the whole title a finishing coat with some Glossy Accents.


A close up of the Cyclone wire accent


Another close-up of the title chippie...


The next project I'm sharing is Mermaid canvas I made using the NEW Sea Grass chippie, I just love the pretty flowing underwater look it gives a project!   I also used some Grass Clusters #2 and some Dusty Attic alphabet pieces for my title.


Here's a close-up of the Sea Grass chippie, ....I painted white and then added some Key Lime Shimmerz paint and Olive Green Shimmerz on the tips.  You can watch a Video Tutorial I made for this canvas here...



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I made another Video Tutorial for an 8x10 Canvas using the Dusty Attic Divine Divas chippie and Ornate Frame #3 as the center piece of the design.  I also used a couple of the Baroque Corners and Elegant Frames for the title.


I used dimensional paint to create a textural finish to the frame and then used Shimmerz Inklingz (Brass Knuckles) and Dimensionz (Blue Lagoon) to give it a vintage brass look.


A close up view of the centerpiece...


I used a similar technique on the Baroque corners, using dimensional paints, Gesso and brown ink to make textural shabby chic embellishments for the corners.  Here is a Video Tutorial I made to show step by step how I made this canvas....



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Can you tell I've been having fun with canvas's this month?  This was a fun, quick and easy canvas to make!  I used some beautiful Graphic 45 paper and stamps and some of my favourite Dusty Attic chippies.  


Corner Scroll #2 is one of my all time favourite scrolls!  It works so well with so many styles. I gave the chippies a coat of Gesso, did a little stamping and inking with brown chalk ink and then gave it a coat of Crackle medium to get a nice aged look.


I used the Dusty Attic Anchors chippie to accent the corner, I just rubbed on some Bronze 3D paint and randomly added some aqua color paint on some areas to give it an aged patina.  And here is a video tutorial I made for this reverse canvas project...



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One more project I wanted to share with you all is a layout I made as a guest designer for Graphic 45.  I used the beautiful Botanical Tea collection papers and some of their lovely metal accents to make up this page.  I loved the pretty little pink blossoms that I could fussy cut from the patterned papers.  I married these with the amazing Dusty Attic Branch #1.


I simply painted the branch with Dusty Attic's Hot Chocolate paint and tipped the leaves with DA's  Pesto green paint....stuck on the fussy cut blooms, and voila, you have a unique embellishment for your project!

I hope you all enjoyed my project for this month and thank you all for having the patience to scroll through this super long post! :)  As you can tell, no matter what project I make up....Dusty Attic chippies are never far from my finger tips!



5 comments:

  1. These creations are exquisitely beautiful! Such gorgeous use of the chippies and stunning foundations of texture and colors on the background. Love them.. Loved the videos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love every creation by Gabrielle, I think that she is a great artist! Nobody like Gabrielle knows to use the elements of Dusty Attic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful creations... thank you Gabrielle for all the inspiration. I sat watching the video on how to sculpt the mermaid with my mouth wide open.... Your amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just incredible!! I will watch the videos now, and I have to say these are so stunningly beautiful, I will actually try to lift both the layout and your anchor frame. (I would never attempt the mermaid canvas. I know my limits:-)) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, I'm always in awe of your creations! I've watched a lot of your videos and it's how I found my way here. Can't wait to see what you create next. Stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete