Saturday 21 June 2014

Photographs - Heather McMahon


Hi all,
Well I'm back from the Brisbane Expo all fired up and ready to scrap! I had a sensational time.
It's amazing how much of the expo is about meeting or catching up with the wonderful people in this industry. I had a blast!


My first commitment upon my return was my next Dusty Attic layout. There are a heap of new release designs and they're awesome! I had bought this sheet of paper a couple of weeks ago and it just spoke to me as soon as I saw it. I knew that I wanted to create a design with a strong horizontal effect but that's all I knew. The paper has it's own title - Photographs - and comes complete with a couple of gorgeous quotes about photography. So that decided what the photo should be!
I then started fiddling with the wonderful new chipboard designs. They are so cool! To my surprise, I really liked the way it all looked bare so I decided to leave it that way. I simply added some stitching, a small amount of stamping, some words from the bar code strip on the paper and a few flicks of Mountain Meadow Dusty in Colour paint. This is a very clean and simple page for me but I love it! I figure if I love the chipboard and the paper the way they are then why change them?
Here's my layout:


And some details.













Products used:


Wildflower #2 DA1102
Flower Layers #6 DA1078



mini Blossoms DA1090

mini Cameras DA1038



Viewfinders DA1080


Dusty in Colour Mountain Meadow paint DA0916


Thanks for dropping by!
Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment