Tuesday 28 May 2013

'Art Deco' ATCs by Robin, Tina & Vicky

'Art Deco' ATC by Robin Shakoor  



Hello everyone! 

The theme this month is Art Deco which is an influential visual arts design style which first appeared in France during the 1920s, flourished internationally during the 30s and 40s, then waned in the post-World War II era.[1] It is an eclectic style that combines traditional craft motifs with Machine Age imagery and materials. The style is often characterized by rich colors, bold geometric shapes, and lavish ornamentation.  I thought this image represented this style beautifully.

Once I selected my image I knew I wanted to create a dramatic frame.  I used ATC Frame #4 (DA0876) to create a dramatic frame for my image.  I painted the frame using black acrylic paint, then I sprinkled black glitter while the paint was still wet.  Applying glitter to your chipboard gives it a beautiful shine and creates wonderful texture.

Thanks so much for joining us today.

Thank you. Robin

 
 
 
 
'Art Deco' ATC by Tina Dalton
 
In case you didnt know Dusty Attic run a great ATC challenge each month on their ning, and this month the theme was Art Deco I was amazed at all the different ways people put their thoughts into the ATC, so many different ideas. I used the ATC Frame - chipboard whch I covered in patterned paper, I then added my image and coated the whole card with mod podge, I then painted the negative of the ATC gothic windows which I painted with Dusty Attic paints, I stamped an image over the top of the frame with black ink and then dusted the edges lightly with treasure gold. I trimmed off a small piece of the Fancy Trim #1 and inked it with the treasure gold, I added a button to her hair so as to look like a hair piece and some bling to spruce her up. Make sure you call past and join in the ATC challenge, its a whole lot of fun. Tina xx
 


'Art Deco' ATC by Vicky Alberto
 
Another fun theme for this month's Dusty Attic ATC challenge is Art Deco style. To be honest, I had to Google this style because I am much more familiar with Art Nouveau. So, I found a great inspiration image and my ATC easily fell into place from there. I used a Cameo Ribbon Slide from the 5/pack (DA0658), painted it with Vintage Gold (DA0925) and topped it with Clear Gloss Varnish (DA0901).  I created my ATC background by using a small circle punch and mounted the circles onto black cardstock, then added some bling in the corners and a patterned paper backing. Finally, I polished it off with a beautiful resin cameo in the middle.


Here is the beautiful image I found on Pinterest as my inspiration for this project.

Other products used:
Swirlydoos May 2013 "Hello Beautiful" kit (featuring Prima products)


No comments:

Post a Comment